Friday, October 10, 2014

Ender's Game Review (No Spoilers)

Ender's Game Book Review

(No Spoilers)

Today I finished reading the novel, Ender's Game, written by Orson Scott Card. Here are my thoughts on this book:

There are a few books I really love. The Harry Potter Series, John Green's books like Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars, The Giver, and some others. It's now time to add a book to that list of books. I absolutely loved Ender's Game!
The plot is this: In the future humanity has been in a war with an alien race called the buggers for many years now, and they are desperate to find one special soldier who can lead them to victory. They believe this special soldier could possibly be a young boy, named Ender Wiggin. Also, some other subplots are introduced in the book, and they're just as interesting as the main plot.
The story is a bit cliche, but it is very engaging, and well executed. It is a very well written novel, and it's filled with some truly fascinating characters. Ender Wiggin, his siblings Valentine and Peter, and Colonel Graff. All great characters that I loved reading about.
A thing I really liked about this book is how it treats the passage of time. It shows how things over time can change, and how you can grow apart from people you once were once close with. It creates a strong feeling of melancholy.

This is the first book in a long series, but I feel it tells a complete story that doesn't desperately need a follow up, but I'm glad there are more books, because I loved the heck out of this one. But yeah, as I said, a complete story is told, and it has a satisfying conclusion. I love the ending. Despite this, my only real problem with the book is with the second to last chapter. I feel like some major events were kinda rushed over. It's like Orson Scott Card really wanted to finish to book within just a few more pages, so a lot of stuff happens and it happens way too fast.
But hey, it's still  a fantastic novel. Absolutely worth reading.

+Well Written
+Fascinating Characters
+Great Story
+Awesome subplots
+It's just a great book
-Some things rushed

Book Score: 9.7
(score out of ten).

No comments:

Post a Comment