I told you I was going to start reviewing Doctor Who weekly, so here's a review for Series 8, Episode 8, "Mummy on the Orient Express."
This episode exceeded my expectations. I expected something good, but I ended up getting something absolutely great! This episode was fun.
So, this episode began with a mini-surprise. Clara was in it! I was expecting her to be absent after the events of last episode, but instead she is present, attempting to go on a last hurrah with the Doctor. But then things get a bit more complicated when a monster mummy arrives.
The monster design was fantastic. He looked genuinely creepy, and all the scenes where he appeared were tense. I especially like the use of a ticking clock actually being shown, ticking down from 66, in the corner of the screen. It was a nice touch to add to the suspense.
A major part of this episode was Clara's disapproval of just how dark this Doctor is. She's right to be concerned because man, Capaldi does and says things Matt Smith and David Tennant never would have. I think this doctor is more like Sherlock from the BBC series then the previous incarnations of the Doctor. I do like how in the end, he seems to be aware of Clara's feeling about this, and I bet he's still a very kind man.
So all in all, fantastic episode.
+Fun
+Darker Doctor
+The Creepy Mummy
+The Clock Ticking Down
+"Are you my mummy"
Score: 9/10
If you are a recurring reader of my blog, please leave a comment so I can know that I have some readers. It would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment